Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Random thought.......

Today I was thinking about the evolution of my eating habits, and man oh man did I used to eat some garbage during my teenage and early adult years. When I gained weight I did what I thought was trying everything, but I wasn't because I continued to eat the same. Watching diet commericals I thought that I could lose weight by eating the same foods, not exercising, and popping a pill. That is what many of them portray at least. Hmmm...Now I won't say that the diets and pills didn't work at all because they did. They also lead me to become a professional yo-yo dieter. As I got older and start exercising regualarly I learned about making choices. I became more strict with what I ate when I start having children because I know that what I ate during pregnancy could determine their health for a lifetime. Fastforward to starting Weight Watchers new points plus program on Jan 22nd this year, and that is when I learned how to combine my food practice and knowledge together. Since starting the new plan I have been more successful than ever on the road to weight-loss, by doing it the right way that will have long term effects. Diet pills, shots, and fad diets do not work long term. When living a healthier lifestyle you don't have to give up the foods you enjoy because you will just splurge later. It is about making healthier choices, and learning about portion control. The best thing you could do is to eat healthy, but not to much. Your body determines what too much is so take your time eating as well because it takes 15-20 minutes for your stomach to communicate that it's full to your brain. Regular exercise is also very important so don't forget to move your body.


“If exercise were a pill, it would be the most widely prescribed medication in the world.” - Emory University....

No comments:

Post a Comment