Thursday, August 23, 2012

Raw-Gust 22nd......"Life is Good"

It's Aug 22nd and all I can say is "Life is good"....I feel so light, my mind is clear, and nothing can tarnish my mood. Not to mention that since Saturday August 18th I have lost an astonishing 6.4 lbs. Typically when I do raw I go with a variety of several different foods, but for now I have really been craving large salads, fresh juices, and smoothies which is good because that's a way to keep the budget down for those that think the lifestyle is expensive. Let me say for the record that eating RAW does not HAVE to be expensive if you shop at the right places like local produce markets and farmers markets. I can take $10 and leave with a good amount of produce to be juiced or eaten. Oh, and my already good blood pressure is even better on RAW, and that is something that medication NEVER accomplished when I was taking 3 medications that should have controlled it. Oh, and that is something that money can never buy. Food is medicine and if more people learned & lived this they would be less dependent on medications, and not risk destroying other organs while suppressing symptoms. Well I could go on all night, but I won't because I need to go back to bed. Yes, I woke up because I am doing late night/early morning laundry. LOL!!! So here we go with the food consumption for the past two days, and if it looks very simple to you than that is my aim as a working women......


Tuesday

Breakfast

Smoothie: 3 bananas, 2 cups whole frozen strawberries, and 1 scoop Natraburst

Lunch

Salad: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, 2 chopped bananas, onions, green peppers, sliced almonds, black pepper, whole haas avocados, 1 tbsp maple syrup, lime juice from 2 fresh limes

Dinner

Fresh Beet, carrots, and apple juiced ***This was my fuel before hitting the gym***

Snacks

Mangos
Mixed Nuts
 2 bananas, 1 fresh guava, 1/2 tsp maple syrup, and apple cinnamon raw granola **In a bowl blend bananas, guava, and maple syrup, then sprinkle with raw granola


Wednesday

Breakfast

Smoothie: 2 frozen bananas, 2 cups frozen whole strawberries, and 1 scoop Natraburst

Lunch

Salad: Organic spring, romaine, onions, green peppers, avocado, banana, raisins, cucumbers, black pepper, tomatoes, lime juice from 2 limes, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup.......Put in a container with a lid, and shake it like a salt shaker. Lol!



Dinner

Green Smoothie: 4 cups spinach, half lime, watermelon with rind, small cored granny smith apple, and ice....blend and drink



Snacks

Mango
mixed nuts
bananas

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

~ Hippocrates



No comments:

Post a Comment