Tuesday, May 15, 2012

So RAW So Good....Days 1&2

A couple of weeks ago I decided to join my company Get Fit challenge, and that sparked a thought that this would be a wonderfully opportunity to go RAW. The challenge began on Monday May 14th 2012 and ends July 8th 2012.I figured what a great time to give the body a break and heal.  I think that I have narrowed down my side abdominal pain, and it may be gluten because whenever I eat something with it the pain and discomfort comes back. Most people think RAW, and think that people only do it for the purpose of weight loss, but going RAW for me is a healing process. I love the many benefits of going RAW such as healing, mental clarity, radiant skin, vibrancy, and yes the side effect of weight loss. I weighted myself on Monday, and was 169.6 after enjoying two weeks of vegan mindless eating. I weighted myself again this morning and was 167.....OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS 2.6 lbs lost in one day. That previous night workout really kicked in, oh and I won't tell you how much I weighted last week, but thanks to continuing to exercise I lost most of the weight by Sunday. Today was my second day of being 100% Raw, and so RAW so Good. My energy is up, I feel great, and I had more energy and strength to get through my Pilates class with some extra to bottle for sale. Someone on my Facebook requested that I share my daily meals, and I thought that was a wonderful idea. Please understand that I am not a nutritionalist and I am not hear to provide healthcare advise, but I will tell you what worked for me. Now please understand during this journey I will fruit myself like no other because I love fruit, and believe that fruit is your friend not your enemy. Many people have been brainwashed to believe that fruit is bad for you because of the sugar, but they don't look at the full picture of what is being consumed on a daily basis. These people will tell you that eating too much fruit will make you fat and deter your weight loss, but you can't blame them because that is what we have been brainwashed to believe. If that were the case I would have not lost so much weight from eating so much fruit during my very first RAW journey, and I was able to maintain it by continuing on with a vegan lifestyle. If you recall I have tried every other diet (I really dislike that word), and nothing got me past a 10-15lb lost or stayed off longterm.  I love the unprocessed journey, and I love sharing my experience with you all so here we go....

Day 1:

Breakfast: Fresh Fruit Smoothie (bananas, strawberries, spinach, black berries maca powder, spirulina, dates, coconut, and purified water)
Lunch: Salad (butter lettuce, avocado, pear, honey, lime, hemp seeds, and chia seeds)
Snacks: Publix avocado roll, apple, bananas, dates, elixir from Wheat Berry
Dinner: Fresh Fruit Smoothie (spinach, blackberries, strawberries, dates, coconut, hemp, maca, water)

Day 2:
Breakfast: 32 oz fruit smoothie (bananas, strawberries, spinach, blackberries, hemp seeds, maca powder, dates, and fresh coconut)
Lunch: Huge salad (butter lettuce, avocado, pear, goji berries, black pepper, honey, lime, hemp seeds, and chia seeds)
Snacks: Several bananas, apple, date, Coconut Elixir from Wheat Berry, and Grapefruit
Dinner: Smoothie (bananas, cacao nibs, cacao powder, maca, dates, coconut chunk, and purified water)

***Although I did not list it above I drink nothing less than a gallon of plain water per day. I also drink a few cups of hot tea w/honey with one in the morning, and at least one at night before bed.***

"With all the conflicting information on diet, what makes sense? Pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, larvicides, genetically modified organisms, chemical fertilizers, microwaves, pasteurization, homogenization, hormonally injected animals, color dyes, artificial additives, and high fructose corn syrup? Or raw, organic, sun-ripened plant food?" -David Wolf



Wishing you all love, happiness, and health
Dolicia M.


No comments:

Post a Comment